We are looking for a seasoned, proactive DevOps Engineer to support our development team in the midst of some exciting growth in the greenfield areas of immersion and collaboration. As a key part of the team you will be assisting in managing source code, building binaries that you will test and distribute along with evolving our Gitlab CI framework. You’ll collaborate with highly capable, friendly individuals – developers, UX designers, QA and product owners – to build an engine that allows people to work together better, especially on 3D content.
Our mission is to make heavy duty immersive collaboration a reality in enterprise. We have partnerships with some of the world’s most exciting companies including Williams AE, Rolls Royce, Siemens, Bosch, and NVidia.
You’ll help us achieve this through bringing your skills and capabilities to the team. We place a priority on work/life balance and despite working hard and having fun solving tough technical challenges we only work sustainable 40-hour weeks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and evangelise the benefits of CI tooling such as TeamCity, Jenkins or Gitlab-CI.
- Strive to automate repetitive tasks, through documenting manual playbooks and with scripting/programming languages, such as Python.
- Comfortable using Linux (any distribution) and Windows on the command line andcan troubleshoot issues and run performance diagnostics.
- Use Docker or other container technologies to deploy bespoke production systems.
- Go out of your way to understand the teams’ requirements and capture these in systems such as Confluence, Jira or Gitlab.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years in a DevOps or automation testing role.
- Experience working with build files (CMake, VS Projects).
- Experience working with Git or Perforce for source control and understand the
pros/cons of these systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Understand the values of “Document all the things”.
Bonus points (we’ll support your growth in these areas if they are new to you):
- Understand low-level concepts in Linux or Windows administration (e.g. building systems from scratch, automating installs, diagnosing issues).
- Experience of managing “Infrastructure as code” for services and/or network infrastructure.
- Have used or deployed Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tools, such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, or Digital Rebar.
- Experience using Gitlab CI and issue tracking systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and particularly encourage people from under-represented groups to apply. We believe that diversity is a positive for all our teams and will support you in feeling included and accepted at Masters of Pie.