What we are looking for:
We are looking for a pro-active junior test engineer to join and support the development and marketing teams during some exciting growth in the greenfield areas of immersion and collaboration. You will take on a few roles in the business – handling manual QA for various cutting-edge VR/AR hardware, along with testing of our collaborative framework and supporting automation of QA processes and reporting. You’ll team up with highly capable, friendly individuals – developers, UX designers and product owners – to help build an engine that allows people to work together better, especially on 3D content.
Additionally, you will travel with the commercial team to showcase the product to customers, providing technical support and keeping everything running smoothly when out on the road.
Our mission is to make heavy duty immersive collaboration a reality in enterprise. We have partnerships with some of the world’s most exciting companies including Williams AE, Rolls Royce, Siemens, Bosch, and NVidia.
You’ll help us achieve this through bringing your skills and capabilities to the team. We place a priority on work/life balance and despite working hard and having fun solving tough technical challenges we only work sustainable 40-hour weeks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the product owner to help them develop detailed acceptance criteria for their user stories.
- Create, manage and own our regression pack, making sure it is always up to date, with good documentation for Checklists and manual test cases.
- Collaborate with the development team in delivery by ensuring that new work is functional, of high quality and doesn’t introduce regressions.
- Perform manual testing, reporting and diagnostics, with an eye for detail.
- Assist in maintaining the build and CI systems.
- Support the marketing team with demo’s both onsite and offsite in conferences and with customers globally.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Find bugs before we’ve even written them! Work closely with the development team to find the edge cases and missing scenarios before we begin building.
- Be technical enough to learn and understand how the product works to the level of detail required to effectively test.
- Knowledge of software development life cycles.
- Understand how QA adds value within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Be comfortable working within a Linux environment.
- Be comfortable working with issue trackers and CI/CD infrastructure (such as Jenkins).
- 1+ years commercial working experience as a QA Engineer or testing a 3D software product.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written – with a desire to work closely with others.
Bonus points (we’ll support your growth in these areas if they are new to you):
- Have written manual test playbooks previously, and perhaps written automated tests.
- Understand low-level concepts in Linux or Windows administration (e.g. building systems from scratch, automating installs, diagnosing issues).
- Experience of managing “Infrastructure as code” for services and/or network infrastructure.
- Have used or deployed Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tools, such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, or Digital Rebar.
- Significant experience with VR/AR and/or User Experience..
We are an equal opportunity employer, and particularly encourage people from under-represented groups to apply. We believe that diversity is a positive for all our teams and will support you in feeling included and accepted at Masters of Pie.